Wednesday 17 April 2013

RIP Selena Quintantilla

Ok So I was meant to blog this yesterday as it was her birthday but I completely forgot and only just remembered. Selena was a 90's American Latin Singer performing with her band including her brother, sister and future partner. She was such an inspiration and still to this day her music still lives on. I knew of her from watching biographical film which starred J Lo. The film documents her rise to fame starting from when she was a young girl. Its defo a great film to watch. She was named "top Latin Artist of the 90's" and "Best Selling Latin Artist of the Decade" as well as having 14 top 10 singles. Even at a young age it was like outfits that she wore that caught my eye. Some of which I believe she designed herself which is really cool. Boy did she rock her sparkly bralets. There's one part in the film that I love where shes performing this one song but in several locations and wearing a different outfits. So as well as a performing Icon she was a fashion Icon. In actual fact it was her that got me into dark brown lipsticks. I always thought it looked great on her and so I went and bought myself one. From what I know Selena only got to do 2 English songs before she died April 18th 1971 ages 23. Even though I don't understand a word of Spanish I still love listening to her songs. I remember when I was younger and I would attempt to sing her songs in Spanish obviously singing it all wrong. She was beautiful and talented as it saddens me to think she had lot more to give. But I know she would be happy to know that still her music lives on now 18 years after her death.

RIP Selena Quintanilla x


If you want to watch the film I've found a link that works for me, if not type 'Selena the movie 1997'
http://www.sockshare.com/file/7CDAE1FBE7C39DBB# 


No comments:

Post a Comment